Dinner is served! We love a classic fish and peas dish, especially when it’s as healthy as these hake kebabs with mushy peas.
SERVES 4-6 // COOKING TIME 45 min
1 whole garlic bulb
2 tbsp olive oil + to fry and drizzle
Salt and pepper
1 kg hake fillets
15 g parsley, chopped
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
½ tsp Dijon mustard
400 g peas
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ tsp smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Wrap the garlic in foil, with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes.
3. Cut the hake into rectangles and skewer on kebab sticks.
4. Mix the parsley, oil, lemon zest and juice, coriander seeds, mustard, and salt and pepper. Coat the hake in the seasoning mixture.
5. Heat a little oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the kebabs for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Steam the peas for 5 minutes, until tender. Place in a food processor with the roast garlic, mayonnaise, paprika, and season. Blend until smooth.
7. Serve the mushy peas with the hake kebabs.