Have your veggies and eat them too in this super-charged green vegetable detox soup. It’s got all your favourite greens, plus some added flavour.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 50 min
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 large onions, chopped
1 broccoli, chopped
10 kale leaves, chopped, plus to garnish
3 baby marrows, chopped, plus ribbons to garnish
1 L vegetable stock
1 garlic bulb, crushed
½ cup coriander
½ cup parsley
1 lemon, juiced
¼ tsp salt
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pot over medium heat. Fry the onions for 5 minutes, until translucent.
2. Add the broccoli, kale and baby marrows, and fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
4. Turn off the heat, add the garlic and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Add the coriander, parsley, lemon juice and salt. Purée the soup with a stick blender.
6. Serve with baby marrow ribbons and kale.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil & Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
If you’re looking for something quick and easy, this spicy green juice is perfect for when you’re on the go.