Trust us and make these this weekend. Enjoy the taste of beautiful snap biscuits, with the subtle taste of fresh green tea running through them.
MAKES 18–20 // COOKING TIME 25 min
2 cups flour, plus extra for dusting
⅔ cup caster sugar
2 tsp green tea leaves (loose-leaf or from a tea bag)
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
80 g butter
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and dust a baking tray with flour.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, tea and bicarb. Rub in the butter.
3. In a bowl, mix the egg, milk and honey. Add to dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough, adding a little water if needed.
4. Roll out the dough to about 6–8 mm thick. Cut into rounds and arrange on the baking tray.
5. Bake for 8–10 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool for 15 minutes, then remove from the baking tray. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.