This tasty side dish of green beans with crispy pancetta, roasted chickpeas and mint is perfect for bringing with to family lunches and get-togethers.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
200 g chickpeas, soaked overnight
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp pepper
300 g green beans
100 g pancetta
10 g mint
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place a pot of salted water on the stove and bring to the boil. Add the chickpeas and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and rinse the chickpeas in cold water.
4. Place the chickpeas in a roasting tray and drizzle with the oil and salt. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove and toss with the paprika, cumin, coriander and pepper, return to the oven and roast for another 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, blanch the green beans in salted, boiling water and refresh in ice water.
7. Fry the pancetta in a hot pan until crispy on both sides.
8. Remove the pancetta from the pan and add the green beans to the same pan so that they soak up all the flavour.
9. Assemble the salad by layering all the ingredients on a platter.
10. Tear the mint leaves and sprinkle on top. Serve with a dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for extra taste.