Keeping your meals light and fresh is easy with simple, nutritious ingredients. Enjoy this grapefruit and charred cabbage salad as a starter or light lunch that’s perfect for autumn
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 10 min
¼ head cabbage
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 tbsp red-wine vinegar
1. Peel the grapefruit and slice into ½ cm thick rounds.
2. Separate the cabbage leaves. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Char cabbage in a searing-hot pan until soft and slightly blackened on the edges.
4. For the dressing, mix the red-wine vinegar and remaining 2 tbsp oil until emulsified.
5. To serve, arrange grapefruit and cabbage on a plate, drizzle with dressing and scatter with mint leaves.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za
Grapefruit is a powerful ingredient that is surprisingly versatile too. For an immune-boosting start to the day, make this vitamin C parfait with lemon yoghurt, orange granola and grapefruit.