You will find everything you need for a healthy start to the day in these yummy granola tartlets with fruit, seeds, oats and yoghurt.
MAKES 4 // COOKING TIME 25 min
1 cup oats
⅓ cup almonds, finely chopped
1 tbsp sunflower seeds, finely chopped
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp honey
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 red apple, thinly sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Handful green grapes and raspberries
2 tsp lemon curd or honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease 4 × 10 cm tart tins.
2. Combine the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and salt. Add coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla essence and mix.
3. Press the mixture into the prepared tins, using a spoon to even out the bottom and sides.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely before removing from the tins.
5. For the topping, dollop 2 to 3 spoonfuls of yoghurt into each cooled crust and top with fresh fruit. Drizzle with lemon curd or honey for an added treat.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Sean Dollery // HMimages.co.za
Enjoy a fun variety of morning treats by adding these savoury baked egg tartlets with bacon and thyme.