Satisfy your chocolate cravings with these gourmet Easter shakes! For even more decadence, you can melt down Nutella and drizzle it over.
MAKES 3 // COOKING TIME 20 min
100 g milk chocolate
3 chocolate eggs
3 cups vanilla ice cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup milk
Pinch sea salt
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
2. Dip the top edge of your serving glasses into the chocolate, and twirl it around, allowing it to drip down the sides. Dip and repeat until your glasses are all evenly coated. Refrigerate until set.
3. Attach an Easter egg to each straw using the remaining melted chocolate and refrigerate until set.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Pour into the prepared glasses, add a straw and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
How about something more local? Fire up the coals for these braaied berry shakes.