Our homes are our safe havens away from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. Even more so over the past year, where many of us have found ourselves spending the majority of our time at home. It’s where we cook, eat, sleep, relax and get ready, so it’s important to keep everything in tip top shape. Unfortunately, more often than not we bring the outside world into our homes with us in the form of germs. Homes can be a breeding ground for germs, bacteria, viruses and mould. Luckily, with the help of Albex™ cleaning supplies, there are easy and effective ways to disinfect the top germ hotspots and keep your home germ-free.
Identifying the hotspots for germs around your home is the first step in making sure your environment is stays clean and protected. Check out these top spots and how to make sure they stay germ-free:
Besides the dishes, you want to make sure you are cleaning these lesser known germ hotspots:
- Appliance handles
- Light switches
1. Make a simple disinfecting solution by adding 1 cup of Albex™ bleach with 5 Litres of water
2. Clean the above mentioned surfaces with the solution. Allow to sit for 30 seconds.
3. Rinse and allow to air dry.
This may be where you go to get clean, but that’s all the more reason to regularly wash and wipe down surfaces in the bathroom. Disinfect your toilet, sink and bath regularly with Albex™ Bleach, Albex™ Multipurpose Thick Bleach or Albex™ Bleach Foamer.
Don’t forget about the little ones! Toys can easily pick up dirt and germs, and need regular cleaning to protect your children.
1. Mix ½ cup of Albex™ Bleach into 5 litres of water.
2. Wipe the toys with the solution and allow to sit for 5 minutes, or submerge the toys into the solution for a total of 5 minutes.
3. Rinse with water and allow to air dry.
Believe it or not, your bedding can be packed with germs and bacteria too, and often simply washing it won’t always do the trick. To make sure your bedding stays germ-free, start with a bleachability test on to determine whether it is bleach safe before bleaching entirely.
1. Mix 3 tsp Albex™ Bleach to ¼ cup water and apply a drop of this solution to a less visible part of the garment. Wait 1 minute and then blot dry. If there is no colour change it means you can safely bleach your bedding.
2. Wash the bedding on the hottest water recommended by the care label using detergent with 1 cup of Albex™ Bleach added.
3. Air dry for best results.
Make sure you cover every spot in your home with a free printable cleaning checklist from Albex™. Keep it on the fridge or your wall as a reminder of what needs to be done and where.
Photography: Courtesy Images