If you are looking for a low-kilojoule meal but could do without a boring salad, step up your game and whip up these simple garlic-chilli prawns instead. It’s the perfect meal to fill you up after a workout.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 45 min
4 gem squashes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
500g prawns, shelled and cleaned
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp paprika
Salt and black pepper
1. Cut the gem squash in half. Boil them for 35 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and fry the garlic for 1 minute, until golden. Add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the chilli flakes, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Scoop out the cooked squash flesh into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until smooth.
5. To serve, spoon the squash mash into a bowl and scatter the prawns on top, along with the cooking juices from the pan. Top with fresh herbs.