Is there any other way to enjoy this classic chocolate treat? With a melting gooey texture, these fudgy chocolate brownies are divine!
MAKES 12 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 15 min
240 g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
115 g butter
150 g white sugar
50 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
80 g flour
2 tbsp cocoa
¼ tsp salt
180 g milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and place the oven rack in the lower third position. Line a square baking tin with baking paper, leaving an overhang on sides.
2. Melt chocolate and butter, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, pour into a bowl and cool slightly for 10 minutes.
3. Whisk the white and brown sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla.
4. Gently fold in the flour, cocoa and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for about 35 minutes. The brownies should begin to pull away from the edges of the tin and a toothpick inserted into the centre should come out with only a few moist crumbs. (Keep an eye on the chocolate brownies after 30 minutes, using the toothpick test to see of they are done.)
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli
Once you’ve perfected this recipe, step up your game with our red velvet fudge.