Gather the kids! These fried eggs on English muffins are the perfect way to hone out the little ones’ culinary skills in the kitchen, and they make a healthy breakfast too.
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 15 min
2 English muffins
Handful baby spinach
2 tbsp pesto
1 wheel feta
1. Slice open the English muffins and brush with a little oil. Toast in a toaster or a hot pan until golden and crisp. Place each one on a plate.
2. Arrange half the spinach on each toasted English muffin.
3. Heat a splash of oil in a small pan over high heat. Crack an egg into it.
4. Turn down the heat to medium and cook the egg until the white is completely set, 3–4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove with an egg lifter and place on an English muffin. Repeat with the other egg.
5. Drizzle pesto and crumble feta over each egg. Sandwich the English muffins closed.
Recipe & styling: Jana du Plessis
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za