There’s nothing better on a Sunday morning than a breakfast that is delicious and only takes 20 minutes to make. So what are you waiting for? Dig into our French toast with fruit skewers recipe.
125 ml cream
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
8 slices ciabatta
2 tbsp butter
Seasonal fruit (we used watermelon, kiwi and litchis)
Honey, to serve
1. Beat the eggs with the cream, sugar and vanilla.
2. Lay the bread in the egg mixture and let it soak for 2 minutes.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the bread slices in batches over medium heat, until golden brown on both sides and the egg is cooked.
4. Slice the fruit into cubes of the same size and thread onto kebab skewers.
5. Serve the French toast with the fruit skewers and a drizzle of honey.
We’ve got options! Try our grilled breakfast naan with spinach pesto and chickpeas next