Summer calls for fresh fruity flavours to enjoy with all of your loved ones, like these watermelon ice lollies with ginger and edible flowers.
MAKES 8 // COOKING TIME 20 min plus overnight freezing time
8 wooden ice-cream sticks
½ cup sugar
3 cm piece of ginger, finely sliced
½ cup fresh lemon juice
1½ cups watermelon juice (blended and strained)
1. Soak the ice-cream sticks in water for one hour.
2. Combine ½ cup water and the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the ginger and leave to infuse for a few hours.
3. Remove and discard the ginger pieces.
4. Combine the sugar syrup, lemon juice and watermelon juice and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture between 8 ice-lolly moulds and push the flowers into the sides.
6. Freeze for at least one hour and then insert the soaked sticks. Freeze overnight.
7. Run warm water over the moulds to loosen the lollies.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli