Hello, comfort food! If you are looking for a midweek meal on a dime, look no further than our rich and creamy fish and pasta bake. It will be a hit with the kids too, and feel free to add any extra veggies you desire!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 50 min
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups cream
1 cup chicken stock
½ cup dry white wine
800g fish, cut into chunks
1 cup frozen peas
2 tsp thyme leaves
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and black pepper
500g macaroni or penne, cooked
1 cup grated cheddar
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sauté garlic in oil for 1 minute. Watch it, as garlic burns quickly!
3. Add cream, stock and wine and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add fish, peas, thyme, lemon zest and mustard. Season.
5. Stir through pasta and cheese. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
6. Cover with breadcrumbs and stick in bay leaves.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is brown and crispy and the fish is cooked.