Beans, eggs and bangers, you name it! You’ll find all the perfect ingredients for your favourite brekkies with these English breakfast flatbreads.
MAKES 6 // COOKING TIME 45 min
1 kg store-bought bread dough
1 tin baked beans
500 g mini bangers, grilled
1 punnet Rosa tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line 2 baking trays.
2. Divide the dough into 6. Roll each piece into a 20 cm long oval flatbread. Arrange on the prepared trays. Pinch the edges upwards to create shallow flatbread boats.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of baked beans onto each flatbread. Divide the bangers between the flatbreads and arrange them on top of the beans.
4. Crack an egg onto each flatbread. Top with the tomatoes and season well. Lightly whisk the last egg and use it to brush the edges of the flatbreads.
5. Pop in the oven and bake until the dough is cooked through and the egg is done.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
This spinach, cream cheese and bacon flatbread makes another delicious brekkie option!