Get fancy with breakfast this morning by prepping these cute phyllo tarts. You’ve got eggs, ham, tomatoes, spinach, cheese and pastry. What more could you ask for?
MAKES 6 // COOKING TIME 40 min
6 sheets phyllo pastry, defrosted
1 tbsp butter, melted
⅔ cup grated cheddar
¼ cup crème fraiche
Salt and pepper
1 onion, peeled and chopped
150g baby spinach
300g vine tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a muffin tray.
2. Place the phyllo sheets on top of each other and cut into 4 squares. Stack them into 6 piles of 4 squares each, brushing each square with melted butter as you assemble the piles. Place each pile in a hole of the muffin tray.
3. Whisk together 5 eggs, cheese, crème fraiche, salt and pepper.
4. Heat a little oil and fry the onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and fry for 1 minute, until wilted.
5. Divide the onion and spinach, tomatoes, ham and egg mixture between the pastry cups. Carefully break an egg into each cup so it sits on top.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until the filling is set.