Get fancy with breakfast this morning by making these super cute eggy phyllo tarts with ham, spinach and cheese! What more could you ask for?
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME 40 min
6 sheets phyllo pastry, defrosted
1 tbsp butter, melted
⅔ cup grated cheddar
¼ cup crème fraiche
Salt and pepper
1 onion, peeled and chopped
150g baby spinach
300g vine tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a muffin tray.
2. Place the phyllo sheets on top of each other and cut into 4 squares. Stack them into 6 piles of 4 squares each, brushing each square with melted butter as you assemble the piles. Place each pile in a hole of the muffin tray.
3. Whisk together 5 eggs, cheese, crème fraiche, salt and pepper.
4. Heat a little oil and fry the onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and fry for 1 minute, until wilted.
5. Divide the onion and spinach, tomatoes, ham and egg mixture between the pastry cups. Carefully break an egg into each cup so it sits on top.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until the filling is set.
Are you in a mood for a hearty breakfast, but lacking ideas? Then look no further because our budget-friendly spicy Spanish omelette has your name on it!