The little ones won’t be able to resist this healthy and budget-friendly Easter bunny toast brekkies with cream cheese and mixed berries.
MAKES 1 // COOKING TIME 5 min
¼ cup plain cream cheese
1 slice brown bread, toasted
½ cup mixed berries
1. Spread the cream cheese in the middle of the toast.
2. Halve the banana, and then slice each piece in half lengthways.
3. Cut the strawberry into quarters.
4. Arrange the bananas on the toast as ears and place a strawberry quarter on top of each banana piece.
5. Press in blueberries as eyes, and a raspberry as a nose. Use leftover banana pieces to make the mouth.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za
If your kids are a bit older, treat them to caramelised bananas and honey on toast.