Have your tea and eat it too in this delicious no-bake Earl Grey mousse tart with strawberries. It’s the ultimate raise-your-spirits dessert!
SERVES 12 // COOKING TIME 40 min
3 cups oats
200 g white chocolate, melted
3 tbsp nut butter (macadamia, almond or peanut)
4 Earl Grey tea bags
1 cup milk
1 cup double cream
90 g packet vanilla pudding
10–15 strawberries, sliced
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp strawberry jam, melted
1. Grease a 24 cm round cake tin.
2. Place oats in a food processor and blitz until crumbly. Mix in the chocolate and nut butter.
3. Press the crust into the bottom and sides of the tin. Place in the fridge to harden for at least 20 minutes.
4. Place tea bags in the milk and microwave on high for 1 minute. Leave to soak and cool slightly, then refrigerate until chilled.
5. Beat double cream, flavoured milk and vanilla pudding until aerated and thick. Pour on to the crust, spread to even it out and place in the fridge to set.
6. Arrange strawberries on top of the tart. Top with lemon zest. Brush jam over the strawberries to glaze.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
If baking with tea is your new favourite hobby, you’ll love our pancakes with rooibos-poached oranges and spiced cream.