If you’ve never tried one before, these doughnut ice cream sandwiches make a delicious dessert for the kids, plus you can enjoy loads of flavours too.
SERVES 8 // COOKING TIME 20 min
8 doughnuts, halved
1 L vanilla ice cream, softened
1. Toast the doughnut halves until crispy. Set aside to cool.
2. Spread ice cream on ½ the doughnuts. Sandwich together.
ICE CREAM SARMIE 101
Add up different treats to create a new ice cream sandwich sum:
– Lemon sorbet with meringue discs
– Berry ice cream with buttery shortbread biscuits
– Salted-caramel ice cream with chocolate brownies
– Your fave ice cream flavour with flapjacks or mini waffles
– Frozen yoghurt with oat crunchies
Recipe & styling: Caro Alberts
Photography: Juliette Bisset // HMimages.co.za
For a more fruity option, try this litchi and coconut ice cream instead.