You can whip up these delicious apple crumbles with vanilla cream cheese and oat crumble in no time for breakfast this weekend.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 15 min
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 apples, halved
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp vanilla vodka
¼ cup oats
¼ cup almond butter
¼ cup + 1 tsp honey
4 tbsp cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Heat the butter and sugar in a pan. Add the apples, cut-sides down and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add the water and vodka, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Mix the oats, almond butter and ¼ cup honey. Spread on a tray and bake for 5 minutes.
5. Mix the cream cheese with 1 tsp honey and vanilla.
6. Dollop cream cheese on to plates, top with apples, drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with oat crumble.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Samantha Pinto/HMimages.co.za