Musician J’Something shared some of his favourite recipes with us, including these delicious cumin flatbreads with garlic and chilli! They make perfect sides to pair with your braai meat, veg or hummus.
MAKES 8 // COOKING TIME 30 min
1 tsp cumin seeds
250 g double-cream plain yoghurt
250 g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp crushed garlic
Chilli flakes, to taste
Olive oil, to drizzle
1. Toast the cumin in a dry pan for a few seconds, until fragrant.
2. Mix the cumin seeds with the remaining ingredients (except the oil) until a dough forms.
3. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and springy.
4. Divide the dough into 8 balls and roll them out into circles.
5. Brush each circle with olive oil and cook on a hot griddle pan for about 3 minutes per side, until griddle lines form.
Styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Gareth van Nelson // HMimages.co.za