Not a fan of salads? Make your sides extra tasty with these crunchy roast green beans! Enjoy them on their own or incorporated with loads of veggies.
MAKES 2 cups // COOKING TIME 25 min
250 g green beans, halved lengthways
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray.
2. Toss the green beans in olive oil and salt to coat. Spread out on the baking tray.
3. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Do you know what else would go down deliciously with your sides? Basil butter!