Creating a hearty and wholesome meal doesn’t have to mean slaving away in the kitchen for hours. Try this crumbed pork fillet with pear and blue cheese for an easy yet decadent homemade meal.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
4 pork chops
3 slices white bread, toasted
2 pears, thinly sliced
2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
50 g blue cheese
1. Cover each chop with cling film and lightly bash with a meat tenderiser until evenly flattened.
2. Break the toast into chunks, then blitz in a food processor to form fine crumbs.
3. Pat the crumbs on to the meat, then bash lightly again to ensure they stick.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Drizzle the pork with olive oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
5. Place the sliced pears in a bowl. Drizzle with the apple-cider vinegar and a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Crumble the blue cheese over the pork and pears just before serving.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za