There’s no excuse not to enjoy our amazing coffee French toast on a wintery morning. The best part? You can have it on the table in just 15 minutes!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 15 min
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp hot water
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
8 thick slices bread
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp flaked almonds
Butter, to fry
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Dissolve the coffee in the water and stir to form a paste.
2. Whisk together the coffee paste, eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
3. Soak the bread in the egg mixture for a few minutes on each side. Coat with the sugar and almonds.
4. In a pan, fry the bread in butter for 4 minutes on each side until golden.
5. To serve, lightly dust the slices with icing sugar.