It’s a weeknight winner! Prepare this coconut crusted chicken with baby potatoes and greens beans in one oven dish for a convenient meal.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
¼ cup cornflour
4 eggs, whisked
1 cup desiccated coconut
4 chicken breasts
200 g baby potatoes, parboiled
200 g green beans
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried origanum
Handful fresh origanum
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the cornflour, eggs and coconut in 3 bowls. Coat the chicken breasts in each one, ensuring they have a good layer of coconut.
3. Cut the baby potatoes in half or in thick slices.
4. Arrange the chicken, potatoes and beans in the baking tray, leaving space between them.
5. Drizzle everything with olive oil and dried origanum, and season well.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, until the coconut crust on the chicken is golden and the potatoes are crisp.
7. To serve, scatter with some fresh origanum.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Samantha Pinto//HMimages.co.za