Imagine all the delicious bakes and puds you can create with this classic orange marmalade. Enjoy this fun and simple recipe!
MAKES 2 jars // COOKING TIME 2 hours 20 min, plus overnight
1.2 kg oranges, scrubbed, halved, sliced crossways and pips removed
2 L water
1 lemon, juiced
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
±1.6 kg sugar
1. Place oranges and water in a glass bowl. Cover with cling film and leave overnight.
2. Transfer to a pot. Add lemon juice, cinnamon, clove and star anise. Bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 1 hour or until reduced by . Remove cinnamon stick, clove and star anise.
4. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup sugar per cup of orange mixture. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
5. Bring to the boil and cook for 45 minutes. Spoon into sterilised jars and seal.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Keen to experiment with even more flavours? Take your pick from these 5 home-made pickle and jam recipes.