No baking here! If you’re in need of a no-fuss dessert option, this classic chocolate and biscuit fridge cake is perfect.
SERVES 12 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
200 g digestive biscuits, broken
110 g pistachios, roughly chopped
110 g pecans, roughly chopped
10 glacé cherries, chopped
200 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
150 g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1. Line a cake tin with cling film, leaving enough overhang on all sides to fold over the top.
2. Mix the biscuits, pistachios, pecans and cherries.
3. Place the chocolate, butter and syrup in a heatproof bowl. Melt this over a pot of simmering water or in the microwave.
4. Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down firmly. Place in the fridge until set.
5. The cake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The flavour will improve after a day or so.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli
If you’re entertaining, your plant-based-diet friends will love these no-bake vegan brownies with cherry sorbet.