If there’s one baked treat that never goes out of style, it’s classic banana bread. And the best part is that it’s one of the easiest things ever to prepare. Here’s how!
SERVES 6-8 / PREP TIME 15 min / COOK TIME 1 hour
½ cup butter, at room temperature
1¼ cups sugar
2 tbsp yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
6 ripe bananas, mashed
2½ cups flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp baking powder
⅓ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 15 × 25 cm loaf tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and banana together.
4. Sift the flour, salt, bicarb and baking powder together.
5. Add the egg mixture, alternating with the dry ingredients, into the butter, until well combined. Stir through the pecans.
6. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, until a skewer comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from the tin.
If you love banana bread, you’ll really love these banana bread waffles!