Make all of your decadent chocolate dreams come to life with our delicious chocolate lava cakes. Don’t worry, there will be enough for everyone!
MAKES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
130 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
75 g butter
120 g eggs, plus 40 g yolk (±4 eggs)
65 g golden caster sugar
30 g flour
Cherries, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 4 small round moulds or pudding basins with butter and flour.
2. Place chocolate and butter in a bowl. Melt in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water.
3. Add the eggs, sugar and flour to the chocolate mixture. Whisk together until shiny.
4. Pour the batter into the moulds and bake for 10–12 minutes.
5. Turn the lava cakes out of the moulds and serve with cherries.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli
How about adding some more delicious flavour to your chocolate delights with these dark chocolate and peanut butter tartlets?