Can you enjoy Sunday lunch without feeling like your jeans are going to rip at the seams or, worse, like you’re missing out? With our low-carb chilli-honey sweet potatoes on cheese sauce!
4 sweet potatoes
2 red chillies, chopped
75 ml honey
75 ml olive oil
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1 cup grated Cheddar
1 egg Coriander, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 18°C.
2. Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and bake for 1 hour.
3. Combine chillies, honey, oil, and salt and pepper.
4. Remove potatoes from the foil, slice in half and arrange on a lined baking tray. Turn up the oven to 200°C.
5. Drizzle the chilli-honey sauce over the sweet potatoes and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Melt butter in a pot. Remove from the heat and whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the milk while whisking continuously.
7. Return to the heat, add salt and pepper, and cook, whisking, for 5 minutes. Add Cheddar and cook until melted. Whisk until smooth, then whisk in the egg.
8. Serve potatoes with cheese sauce and coriander.
Recipes & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Samantha Pinto
And what would Sunday lunch be without a delicious, steaming roast? So try our roast beef with lemony-sage roast potatoes and glazed carrots!