Don’t simply build your nachos, make it from scratch! These chickpea nacho dippers are gluten-free and make the best crisps for all your fillers.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 55 min
2 cups chickpea flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried origanum
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
½ tsp paprika
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup warm water
1 tbsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sift the chickpea flour into a bowl. Add salt, pepper, baking powder, origanum, rosemary and paprika. Mix well.
3. Whisk in the coconut oil.
4. Add the warm water, 1 tbsp at a time, until the mixture forms a ball.
5. Divide dough into 3 pieces. Place each between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out as thinly as possible, then cut into nacho-sized triangles.
6. Arrange on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
7. Allow the nachos to cool on the tray until crisped up, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Keen to test out your new dippers? Use them for this vegetarian nachos recipe!