Swoodles? We just can’t get enough of sweet potato noodles! If you don’t have a spiraliser at home, just use your veggie peeler to slice long strips from your sweet potatoes. And then cook them into our chicken and swoodle stir-fry, of course.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 40 min
2 chicken breast fillets, sliced
Salt and pepper
2 mielies, kernels only
1 red onion, peeled and cut into petals
1 cup chopped spinach
4 sweet potatoes, peeled
5 carrots, julienned
1. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the chicken until browned and cooked through, 15 minutes. Season and remove from pan.
2. In the same pan, fry the corn and onion for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes, until wilted. Season well. Remove from the pan.
3. Use a spiraliser or vegetable peeler to cut the sweet potatoes into noodles or ribbons.
4. Cook the noodles and carrots in the same pan for 5 minutes, until tender, stirring or tossing them. Add a drizzle of oil.
5. Return the other ingredients to the pan, mix, heat through and serve.