Feel beautiful inside and out with this must-try brekkie. We know that a butternut and chickpea granola may sound a bit strange, but savoury granolas are taking the food world by storm and once you’ve had a taste, there’s no going back!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
1 tin chickpeas
¾ cup butternut purée
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup honey
2 cups oats
4 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
Handful mint, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
Zest of 1 lemon, plus extra to garnish
1 cup yoghurt
Honey, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Strain the chickpeas, rinse well and pat dry.
3. Heat the butternut purée, coconut oil and honey in a pot over medium heat until melted.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats and seeds with the butternut mixture. Spread out evenly on two baking trays and bake for 40–45 minutes until golden and crispy. Allow to cool completely.
5. Mix the mint and zest into the yoghurt. To serve, layer the granola and yoghurt in 4 large glasses, starting with the granola.
6. Garnish with a mint leaf and zest, and drizzle with honey to taste.