Whether your New Year’s resolution is to eat healthier (perhaps following the macro counting guidelines) or you are simply looking for an easy and super yum breakfast recipe, these coconut flapjacks come together in a jiffy, and will fit into your daily macro count.
MAKES 6 // COOKING TIME 15 mins
250 ml buckwheat flour
60 ml coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
180 ml almond milk
125 ml coconut milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup blueberries
Coconut oil, to fry
Bacon, fried, to serve
1. In a bowl, mix the flours, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix the milks, egg and maple syrup.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth. Mix in the berries.
4. Heat a little coconut oil in a pan. Pour in 60 ml batter per pancake. Cook until little bubbles appear, then flip over and cook for 30 seconds more, or until golden.
5. Serve the pancakes with crispy bacon, and extra maple syrup and blueberries.