Chocolate chips, Oreo, cookie dough, gooey brownie centre… These brownie bars check all the boxes for ultimate chocolate treat!
SERVES 12 // COOKING TIME 55 min
250 g unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2½ cups flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
176 g pack Oreos
½ box brownie mix, prepared as per packet instructions
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a deep 30 × 20 cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, followed by the vanilla, and mix lightly. Add the flour, bicarb and salt, and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Press dough into the baking tin. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. Arrange the Oreos on top of the baked base in a single layer. Spread the brownie batter on top.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until the top looks slightly underbaked, but the edges are golden brown.
6. Allow the brownie to cool for a while, then turn out of the tin and cut into 12 bars.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
These cookies ‘n’ cream bars are just as delicious, but a little bit on the healthier side if you’re worried about a sugar overload!