If you are super active during the day or have a vigorous fitness routine, you’ll need to recharge your batteries with plenty of lean protein and veggies. Enter our vegetarian crustless quiche! Get your protein fix from the eggs and we all know how great broccoli is for you. Plus oats are great for assisting you with maintaining sustained blood glucose levels.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 50 mins
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
¼ cup oats
3 leeks, sliced
1 broccoli, broken into florets
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup low-fat milk
⅓ cup grated cheddar
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
20g dill, chopped
20g basil, chopped, plus a few leaves to garnish
Salt and black pepper
4 slices wholewheat bread, toasted, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a quiche dish.
2. Place the oats in a food processor and blitz to a coarse powder.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the leeks for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, until al dente. Transfer to the greased dish and top with oats.
4. Beat together the eggs and milk, then add the cheeses and herbs. Pour over the oats, broccoli and leeks. Season.
5. Cook in the oven for 25–30 minutes, until golden on top and cooked through. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
6. Garnish with basil and serve with wholewheat toast.