These broccoli nuggets are a health-conscious snack if we ever saw one! Filled with nutritious ingredients and flavour, these quick and easy treats are the perfect addition to a healthy lifestyle.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
1 medium potato
100 g cashews
½ onion, diced
2 tbsp chopped parsley
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a baking tray.
2. Boil the potato until tender, then set aside to cool.
3. In a food processor, blend the nuts, egg, onion, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Process until the mixture forms fine crumbs. Add the broccoli and blend until fine.
4. Mash the potato, then fold into the mixture until just combined.
5. Scoop out about 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture and use your hands to form into nugget shapes. Place on the baking tray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway, until nuggets are golden brown and crispy. Alternatively, fry for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Serve the nuggets with your favourite dipping sauce.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil & Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za