Sugar-free, gluten-free and meat-free? What more could you ask of this broccoli and feta crustless quiche? Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner.
SERVES 2 // COOKING TIME 45 min
75 g broccoli, cut into florets
1 spring onion, finely chopped
2 tsp olive oil
4 medium eggs
50 g feta, crumbled
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and black pepper
Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Blanch the broccoli for 3–5 minutes until tender, but not soft.
3. In a pan over medium heat, flash-fry the spring onion in the olive oil for 30 seconds.
4. Arrange the broccoli and spring onions in the bottom of a 20 cm cake tin.
5. Beat together the eggs, feta, parsley and seasoning. Pour this into the cake tin and arrange the tomatoes on top.
6. Bake for 30–35 minutes, until golden on top and set. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turillie & Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto // Hmimages.co.za
This goat’s cheese, pea and mint quiche is a flavour combination you simply have to try!