Full of collagen and promoting all-round health, bone broth is making quite the comeback as a powerhouse ingredient. So get your fill with our deliciously bright vegetable risotto.
SERVES: 4 // COOK TIME: 1 hour
8 rainbow carrots
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1½ cups Arborio rice
¾ cups dry white wine
4½ cups bone broth
3 tbsp butter
1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan
2 handfuls mangetout, blanched
2 radishes, sliced
½ cup fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Toss carrots and pattypans in 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and roast for 10–15 minutes until just tender.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a pot over medium. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 6–8minutes until soft and translucent.
4. Add the rice and fry for 2–3minutes then pour over the wine and cook, for about 2 minutes, until absorbed.
5. Add ½ cup broth to the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Then, slowly add the remaining bone broth, ¾ cups at a time, and repeat the process until the rice is soft and the liquid is completely absorbed, about 20–25 minutes.
6. Mix in the butter and the Parmesan and stir until melted.
1. Spoon the risotto into bowls and top with the veg, mangetout, radish slices and parsley.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Andreas Eiselen
Loving our vegetable risotto? Then why not step out of your comfort zone and get creative with Asian vegan green curry with crispy galangal. It’s filled to the brim with health boosting nutrients and a whole lot of flavour!