This breakfast hash with prosciutto, rocket and Parmesan recipe will have you bouncing out of that bed and into the kitchen this weekend! It’s just that good!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 25 mins
4 medium potatoes, parboiled
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
2 tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp chilli flakes
Handful vine tomatoes
200 g prosciutto
40 g Parmesan shavings
2 large handfuls rocket
2 green chillis, sliced, to serve
1. Cut the potatoes into small wedges. Fry in batches in oil until golden and crispy, then
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic with the chilli flakes, until the onion caramelises.
3. Poach the eggs by bringing a small saucepan of water to a boil and use a whisk to make a whirlpool in the middle of the pot. Carefully crack one of the eggs into a bowl and then slide it into the eye of the whirlpool. Turn the heat down and let the egg simmer softly for 3 minutes. Repeat with the others. (To reheat the eggs, pop them all in the boiling water for 30 seconds right before serving.)
4. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan until smoking hot, then add the vine tomatoes. Leave to pop and squeak for about 5 minutes.
5. To serve, top the potatoes and onions with a poached egg, charred vine tomatoes, a few slices of prosciutto, some Parmesan shavings and fresh rocket. Garnish with green chilli.
Want another delicious hearty brekkie? Then try our Bacon and egg gatsby recipe!