When mascarpone, peanut butter and bananas unite, the result is an unbeatable helping of yum! Grab a slice of our mascarpone, peanut butter and banana tart.
SERVES 6-8 // COOKING TIME 2 hours
For the base
300 g digestive biscuits
125 ml melted butter
3 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
For the filling
500 g mascarpone, at room temperature
250 ml crunchy peanut butter
125 ml caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
For the topping
60 ml brown sugar
10 bananas, peeled
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 20 × 30 cm baking tin.
2. Blend together biscuits, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Tip out crumbs into the baking tin. Line the base of the tin with the crumbs, filling the corners and pressing down to compact.
4. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove and leave to cool.
5. Combine mascarpone, peanut butter, caster sugar and salt. Spoon on to the cooled base and spread out evenly.
6. Heat the oven grill. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bananas. Grill for a few minutes, until caramelised.
7. Leave to set in the fridge for about 1 hour.
8. Halve the bananas lengthways and trim the edges to fit the baking tin. Arrange on top of the filling.
Recipe & styling: Caro Alberts
Photography: Sarah Woods // HMimages.co.za
Loved this banana tart? What about this yummy peach tart?