If you’re a fan of these baby summer squashes (like we are) then these baby marrow fries are the Friday night treat you’ve been waiting for.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 25 min
1 cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup grated Parmesan
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
500 g baby marrows
⅓ cup mayonnaise
½ cup double cream yoghurt
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a baking tray.
2. Mix together breadcrumbs, coconut, Parmesan and salt and pepper in a bowl. Have the eggs ready in another bowl.
3. Cut each baby marrow in half, and then in quarters lengthwise to make fingers.
4. Dip the baby marrow fingers into the egg, remove excess then roll in the crumb mixture to coat. Transfer to the baking tray
5. Bake until golden and crisp, about 15–20 minutes.
6. For the garlic mayo, mix the mayonnaise, yoghurt, garlic and lemon juice together. Serve with the baby marrow fries.