We are all about work breakfasts here at MK. We are all in the habit of getting to our desks in the morning and settling in for the day with a heartening brekkie in front of us. Make a batch of these ‘BLT’ mini frittatas when you have some time and freeze them in sandwich bags. Then you’ll be good to go all week long.
MAKES 12 // COOKING TIME 35 mins
250g streaky bacon, chopped
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 cup cream
Salt and black pepper
1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 170°C and grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
2. Fry the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy, then remove from the heat. Wilt the spinach in the same pan, then set aside.
3. Mix the cream and eggs together until well combined. Season to taste.
4. Divide the bacon and spinach between the muffin pan holes, then pour in the egg mixture.
5. Place the tomatoes cut side up on the top of each frittata. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until the egg sets.