Bring something different to the dinner table with these baby marrow and feta phyllo parcels. They’re a crunchy, light snack everyone can enjoy.
SERVES 4–6 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
400 g baby marrows, grated
200 g feta, crumbled
Salt and pepper
500 g phyllo pastry
½ cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray.
2. Heat a glug of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic and baby marrows for 5–8 minutes, until onions are translucent. Set aside to cool.
3. Add the feta and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Cut each phyllo sheet into 4 strips (10 × 25 cm) and brush with a little butter. Place 1 tbsp filling on the corner of the strip and fold over into a triangle. Fold over and over, all the way down the strip. Repeat until all the filling has been used.
5. Lightly brush each parcel with butter and arrange on the baking tray. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
Recipe & styling: Luisa Hayes
Photography: Andreas Eiselen//HMimages.co.za