Get the grill fired up for this avo, baby potato and harissa salad! Who ever said you can’t have healthy braai dishes anyway?
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 40 min
For the salad
500 g baby potatoes, halved
2 tbsp olive oil
2 avocados, peeled and sliced
For the harissa
1 red pepper
2 red chillies
2 garlic cloves
1 red onion, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
½ cup olive oil
1. Toss potatoes with olive oil. Braai until cooked through and charred.
2. Braai the avo slices until charred, only a few seconds on each side.
3. Roast red pepper over an open flame until the skin is completely charred. Place in a covered bowl to sweat for 15 minutes, then remove the skin and seeds.
4. Blitz together the red pepper, chillies, garlic, onion, cumin and seasoning until chopped but not puréed. Add olive oil and blend briefly.
5. To serve, drizzle potatoes and avo with the harissa.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Love the flavour of harissa? Try this harissa beef winter salad next!