We’re all about living a balanced life – and in the kitchen, that means having your cake and eating it too! Before you run from the dessert table, try our totally guilt-free, totally delicious treats dark-chocolate waffles.
1 cup oats
4 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup low-fat smooth cottage cheese
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
1. Preheat a waffle iron to medium high.
2. Place the oats, coconut and cocoa powder in a blender and pulse until a flour forms.
3. Transfer the oat flour to a bowl and whisk in the eggs, cottage cheese, honey and baking powder.
4. Add the chocolate pieces and whisk until well combined.
5. Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Spoon the batter into the waffle iron and cook in batches for approximately 2 minutes or till dark golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe & Styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Building your meals around what produce is in season means fresher food, and since it’s summer, these healthy coconut cakes with figs and yoghurt are a must!