When it comes to staying on top of your grocery budget, the frozen food aisle can really make a big difference. Our shredded chicken burgers are just one way that you can turn frozen crumbed chicken into a delicious dinner for the family.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 50 min
½ baby red cabbage, shredded
½ baby green cabbage, shredded
½ apple, cut into matchsticks
¼ red onion, peeled and finely sliced
1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
½ cup mayonnaise
Pinch caster sugar
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
4 frozen crumbed chicken breasts
4 burger rolls
1. Mix the cabbage, apple, onion and fennel seeds together.
2. Combine the mayo, sugar and lemon zest. Add lemon juice to taste. Toss with the vegetables.
3. Cook the chicken according to package instructions, about 30 minutes, then cut into strips.
4. Slice open the rolls and toast until golden.
5. Top rolls with slaw, chicken strips and rocket. Serve with crispy oven chips.