Quick, easy and delicious, these snoek jaffles are perfect to munch on around the fire and tough to beat when it comes to seafood braai favourites!
MAKES 4 // COOKING TIME 25 min
3 cups flaked smoked snoek
5 tbsp mayonnaise
4 eggs, soft poached
8 slices white bread
1 red onion, sliced into rings
1. Mix together the snoek and mayonnaise. Season well.
2. Grease and heat a folding grid or jaffle iron over hot coals.
3. Make 4 sandwiches with the snoek filling and poached eggs.
4. Butter the outside of each sandwich and press in a slice of red onion.
5. Place tightly in your grid or jaffle iron and braai for 2 minutes on each side, until golden. Serve immediately with chopped parsley.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za