These savoury mustard and apricot chicken pancakes have an added sweetness, making them the perfect balanced dinner treat. They are also super easy to pack up and take with you on a picnic!
MAKES 15 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 30 min
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
3½ cups water
1 lemon, zest and juice
Vegetable oil, to fry
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp apricot jam
2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1. In a bowl, mix flour and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix water, eggs and 1 tsp lemon juice. Set aside remaining zest and juice.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until there are no lumps. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
4. Use a paper towel dipped in oil to grease a frying pan. Heat it over medium heat.
5. Drop in 2 tbsp batter. Wait for the pancake to start lifting at the edges before flipping. Cook for 30 seconds, until golden.
6. Make a dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, parsley, apricot jam, mustard seeds, lemon zest and half the lemon juice.
7. Mix the dressing with the shredded chicken, reserving some for serving.
8. Place 2 tbsp chicken filling in each pancake and roll it up. Serve the pancakes drizzled with the reserved dressing.