The flavours in our banana fritters work together to create a deliciously sweet and salty taste that will leave you wanting more!
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 15 min
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, separated
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups flour
½ cup biltong dust
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
Vegetable oil, to fry
125 g butter, melted
1 tbsp honey
Icing sugar, to dust
1. In a bowl, combine bananas, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, biltong dust and salt.
3. Alternating between the two, gently mix dry ingredients and milk into the banana mixture.
4. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into banana batter until just combined.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Drop in spoonfuls of batter and fry until golden. Drain the fritters on a paper towel.
6. To make the honey butter, beat together the melted butter and the honey.
7. Drizzle the honey butter over the fritters and dust them with icing sugar.
Want more? Try our home-made biltong recipe here!